JOIN THE EC2 TEAM
We're hiring for the following positions!
Check back as this page will be updated regularly.
Position: Lead Contractor for a Home Renovation Series
Location: Philadelphia Area
IF YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERIENCED CONTRACTOR PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
Looking for a hardworking, dynamic and creative contractor/carpenter in the Philadelphia area to be part of a successful digital home renovation series. You must be a fine skilled contractor that can also take charge of all the aspects of construction for the series (production experience not required, but it doesn't hurt). You'd be leading the construction side of things from start to finish for each renovation. You'd also be doing a lot of the work - this is not a foreman position - definitely a hands on role .
You must have a great attitude and work well with a team. You must have excellent communication skills and equally excellent organizational skills to create an efficient workflow and keep the production informed on and on schedule. And, you must be able to adapt to all of production's needs - tight deadlines, changing things seamlessly on the fly and occasional long hours.
As a bonus, this position is also on camera occasionally - so if you want to be the next Ty Pennington this could be your ticket ('on camera' experience not required).
Must have a clean driving record, current driver's license and be comfortable towing a construction trailer to and from locations as needed.
Series is shooting several episodes from January - April 2018 - including a few outside of Philadelphia so some travel is required.
Position paid per episode at a flat day rate based on experience.. Episodes are typically 4 day shoots. Hours vary. 8-10 episodes b/t January - April 2018.
Position: Associate Producer for Home Renovation Series
Location: Philadelphia Area
This is a field position - on location. Ideal candidate will be a go-getter who is highly organized and can keep production on schedule. This is mostly a logistics position with some construction knowledge required. Previous production experience ideal. Relevant experience will be considered for the right candidate.
- Hardworking and Driven
- Understands Construction
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to work well with a small team
- Ability and confidence to delegate jobs to ensure production stays on schedule
- Long hours required some days
- Ability to adjust and adapt on the fly as problems/dilemmas arise
- Extreme Attention to Detail
- Construction/design experience preferred
- Some Equipment management required
- Media Management experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Some travel may be required
- Delegate/Manage Construction Crew
- Set Up Scenes (Discussing with Director/DP and coordinating with construction crew)
- Assist With Construction When Necessary (painting, assembling furniture, moving items, etc.)
- Runs for materials, lunch, equipment when necessary
- Coordinating details with clients
- Keeping production on schedule
Position paid a per episode rate. Episodes are typically 4 or 5 day shoots. Hours vary. 8-10 episodes b/t January - April 2018.
Executive Assistant Overview
Reporting directly to the CEO of East Coast Creative (Translation: Monica!), the Executive Assistant provides support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the operations of East Coast Creative (Translation: you’ll be involved in so much fun stuff!). The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to project teams; organizes and coordinates external relations efforts; and oversees special projects (more fun stuff). The Executive Assistant must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and action oriented- flexibility is essential as this is a fast-paced work place with new challenges everyday (Translation: gotta always be on your toes!). The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities (Translation: you gotta be able to like, talk and write really good). Must also be comfortable and confident interacting with high profile clients and collaborators. The Executive Assistant must have the ability and confidence to tackle projects independently when necessary, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. (Translation: you’ll have lots of autonomy - but we’ve gotta be able to trust you, too) The Executive Assistant will reflect the ethos of East Coast Creative and its CEO in all projects and communications. (bottom line: this is a fantastic opportunity to learn how to do a ton of fun and exciting things at a great company)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, tasks, and deliverables; composing and preparing correspondence that is confidential; coordinating complex and detailed contracts.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and priorities.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Brand Representatives, media outlets, production teams, company staff, subcontractors and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with staff and contract laborers.
- Ensures that the CEO's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for media materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general.
- Assists CEO with travel arrangements, lodging, and marketing/media related travel as needed.
- Manages various social media platforms and shares well branded content with the company’s audience to promote engagement and build consumer trust and relationship.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response, consulting with the CEO as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all staff members and business allies/partners.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, website copy, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company and run the business.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to marketing partners, customer newsletters, and other various communication needs.
- Compiles company-wide manual with documentation and alignment of organizational and project-related processes. Evaluates and streamlines processes as needed.
- Collaborating with 3rd party partners in manufacturing, marketing, and beyond to manage ongoing projects and partnerships.
- Creative abilities extending into written communication, social media management, and project management.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners, including staff, manufacturers, external partners and customers.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in MAC programs, various cloud applications, Wordpress, and Social Media web platforms. Adobe PS, Illustrator, Shopify, a plus.
This is a Full-Time Salaried position to be determined based on experience and fit to position. Start Date December 2017-January 2018